Saturday, February 26, 2011

Staycation

I really don't like that word but that is, in fact, what we're doing right now. Harper is in Wichita with grandma and grandpa and we are in a hotel in...Kansas City!

So far we've been out with friends, slept in late, crashed a Staples convention, and just rolled along doing whatever we feel like. It's been marvelous.

Today I caught up with an old friend of mine who was in town. I miss having friends around to whom you never have to explain anything. You just pick up where you left off.

Later, Josh and I went to see "The King's Speech." Really excellent. Tomorrow we will see if it wins any Oscars!

I picked up a new book to read. After a week of Elvis biographies I thought I should go the more classical route so I picked up a copy of Jane Eyre at the bookstore today. It's no "Child Bride: the Priscilla Presley Story," but I'm sure it will be intriguing.

I don't know how we're ever going top to this wild and crazy weekend but I hope Harper's turned the charm way up the last couple of days. We need to make sure the grandparents let her come back.

No comments: